Independence Aircraft Accident Lawyer
Personalized and Dedicated Representation for Injured Individuals
Wrabec Law, P.C. has 32 years of combined experience advocating for injured plaintiffs in accident lawsuits. The legal process can look slightly different for accidents involving different vehicles, such as cars or commercial planes, but all accident cases nonetheless rest on Missouri’s comparative fault rules. It can be confusing to navigate the civil claims process as you deal with your or your loved one’s injuries, especially as the negotiation or litigation process can involve a complex understanding of the law. As a result, you should enlist the help of Wrabec Law, P.C. to ensure you have professional lawyers on your case to help you fight for damages.
Common Reasons for Aircraft Malfunctions
Individuals may be injured in commercial flights or general travel. In any case, plane crashes may occur due to the following reasons:
- poor or improper maintenance;
- air traffic control errors;
- pilot errors;
- loss of control during the flight;
- system failures;
- unsafe weather conditions;
- low-altitude conditions.
Schedule a free consultation with Wrabec Law, P.C. to learn more about how the firm can help you recover damages following an aircraft accident.
In the unfortunate event that you or a loved one has been injured in a flight, you can sue for damages for a few reasons:
- Product liability – a defective product of the aircraft caused the crash or an injury on the flight; examples of defects in this context include dangerous designs, erroneous manufacturing, or the absence of safety warnings or instructions (“marketing defect”)
- Negligence – airline employees must exercise reasonable care to prevent foreseeable injuries to passengers, otherwise they may be sued for negligence; examples of negligence include a flight attendant’s failure to secure the overhead bins, a pilot flying while intoxicated, or an aircraft mechanic’s failure to inspect the plane before the flight
- Federal tort – if an employee of the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) fails to perform their duties of directing and guiding pilots through airspace, the federal government may be held liable for resulting injuries
Note that airline employees like pilots or flight attendants who have been injured on the job may also file a lawsuit for compensation, though this will likely be in the form of a workers’ compensation claim.
If an individual has died due to a plane crash, their family members (their surviving spouse, children, or parents) may opt to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover damages. Successful wrongful death claims could compensate the family members for medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, and the loss of companionship due to the person’s death.
Do not hesitate to get started on your aircraft accident lawsuit immediately. An experienced accident attorney can help you build a strong case for damages and prove the other party’s liability for your injuries. The statute of limitations, or deadline for filing a claim, is 5 years from the date of the injury for plane accident cases. Wrongful death lawsuits have an even shorter statute of limitations of 3 years.
Wrabec Law, P.C. will do its best to retain maximum compensation for your injuries. Rest assured that our experienced firm will provide the personalized and dedicated representation you need to feel supported and looked after. You are understandably navigating a difficult time following an accident as scaled as a plane crash, so our attorneys will guide you through the legal process and put up a tough fight for your right to maximum damages.
Contact Wrabec Law, P.C. to get started on your aircraft accident claim today. Let’s retain maximum damages to help you recover.
Trustworthy & Effective
“His mind is a steal trap. He's the most trustworthy person I've ever had the privilege to know. And I can rest assured that he's going to get things taken care of on my motorcycle accident.”
“Effective communication, not the cheapest but you pay for the communication and full attention to your case. He explained that his fees were more because the average attorney doesn't spend as much time on each issue. They held my hand throughout the entire”
“In 2012 when I got my first motorcycle I became Wrabec Law's #1 client that summer. Solid attorney who delivers on what you pay for.”